HOW TO APPLY
Make sure any motors or engines are switched off before applying SmartWater and ensure that all the areas that you mark are clean and dry first.
Shake the bottle thoroughly before use. During use replace the cap and shake the bottle every 15 minutes.
Dab the SmartWater traceable liquid onto the components you wish to protect using the supplied applicator. The smallest trace of SmartWater will provide a sample for forensic examination, so a small dab is sufficient.
After applying, allow at least one hour before re-starting the engine/motor. Remember to affix your THIEVES BEWARE® deterrent labels should to the vehicle chassis and windows.
WHERE SHOULD I APPLY SMARTWATER?
Although SmartWater is virtually invisible, it can leave a slight sheen when dry. If you have concerns, we suggest that you test SmartWater on an inconspicuous area or another similar surface beforehand. The best surfaces are uneven or irregular surfaces not on display. Avoid flat, shiny or smooth surfaces.
Apply to an area the police will easily find with a UV light. Please note that if police require an evidential sample, the removal of SmartWater may leave a slight mark on the item.
Avoid surfaces subject to wear or routinely exposed to direct sunlight or moisture. If this is unavoidable, it may be necessary to re-apply occasionally to maintain protection.
For boats and marine craft, avoid surfaces that are submerged under water.
1. ALTERNATOR 2. BATTERY HOUSING 3. VIN PLATE 4. ALLOY WHEELS 5. UNDERSIDE OF BONNET
6. STEREO SYSTEM 7. INTERIOR TRIM 8. UNDERSIDE OF BONNET 9. SPARE WHEEL / JACK 10. CATALYTIC CONVERTER*
1. INSTRUMENT BINNACLE (AROUND CLOCKS) 2. UNDER FUEL TANK 3. FRAME 4. UNDER SEAT
5. WHEELS 6. SWINGARM 7. ENGINE CASING 8. FORKS 9. INSIDE FAIRING
1. UNDERSIDE OF HANDLEBARS 2. UNDERSIDE OF SADDLE 3. FRAME
4. REAR SUSPENSION 5. FRONT FORKS (REAR SIDE) 6. FRONT WHEEL HUB 7. PEDAL RECESSES
1. TOW HITCH 2. INTERIOR TRIM 3. VIN PLATE 4. MOTOR MOVER 5. WINDOW SURROUND
6. ALLOY WHEELS / RIMS 7. CHASSIS UNDERSIDE 8. CATALYTIC CONVERTER* 9. BATTERY / HOUSING 10. SPARE WHEEL
BOATS & OTHER MARINE VESSELS
1. MOUNTING BRACKET 2. FUEL CAP 3. BATTERY CASING 4. STEERING GEAR
5. RADIO EQUIPMENT 6. NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT 7. WINDOW ASSEMBLY 8. H.I.N PLATE 9. FENDERS
*Catalytic converters and exhaust components require SmartWater’s high temperature marker.
THINGS TO AVOID
Don’t apply it to functional parts such as electronic ports, expansion slots, displays, battery units or speaker grills.
Don’t apply to items when connected to the mains.
Don’t try to write with the solution.
Don’t dilute your SmartWater traceable liquid.
Don’t store or use it in extreme hot or cold temperatures. Applying SmartWater to surfaces that are routinely exposed to high-temperatures can result in discolouration of the solution.
Don’t apply it to working or moving parts such as nuts, bolts, keys or switches.
If re-applying SmartWater, please attempt to apply the new solution to areas that have not, previously, been marked. If uncertain, please check for the presence of a previous application using an ultraviolet light (long wave, 365nm) – where any areas previously marked will glow bright yellow. By following this guidance, you will help simplify analysis in the event of theft and subsequent recovery of the marked item.
Health & Safety
- Please keep out of reach of children.
- Please use gloves and eye protection where appropriate.
- Please clean up spillages, they can create a slip hazard.
- Contact with eyes: rinse with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes.
- Contact with skin: immediately wash the area with soap and water.
- Swallowing SmartWater: wash out your mouth with water and consult your doctor if any symptoms develop.